St. John’s Episcopal Church
628 Main Street,
Stamford, CT 06901
Job Description: St. John’s is a dynamic, multi-generational and multi-ethnic church growing by creatively seeking out and embracing youth and young adults as well as those seeking a welcoming, inclusive place of worship. Each Sunday and as needed for special events, we offer professional childcare in our nursery for children ages 0-4.
- Meeting the individual needs of the children including feeding and diapering/potty training
- Interacting with the children to support play, exploration, and learning
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child’s age and developmental level
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with children, parents, fellow staff, and parishioners
- Creating a warm, positive environment in the nursery
- Participating in staff and training meetings
- Meeting the guidelines outlined in St. John’s and the Episcopal Church of Connecticut’s Safe Church policy
- Associates in Early Childhood Education is ideal, although this is exchangeable for relevant experience working with young children in one’s professional or personal life.
- Prior experience with infants and toddlers of 3 years is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Strong communication skills
- Must pass background check, public records check, and reference checks
- Must attend a Safe Church training of the Episcopal Church of Connecticut
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job type: Part-time
Salary: $16/hour, 2.5 hours/week
Hours: Must be available to work Sundays 9:00-11:30am
Reports to: Director of Children and Youth Ministries
To Apply: Please fill out the form below and submit your resume to email@example.com.
St. John’s Episcopal Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, conviction history, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, or marital status.